75 views
Verified Reviewer

2.0

I paid around $50 dollars to send a bag with Lugless, including the support package. The same bag home weighted in at the Delta counter at 53 dollars and they charged my 30$.

Why oh why did I not just use the airline. The massive hidden catch with Lugless is that they use Fedex who can measure the bag after you drop it off, then charge fees they never told you about. I received an email weeks later that my 53 pound bag was over 90 pounds in Dimensional Weight, thereby costing an extra $96 dollars in overweight penalities and an extra $146 for a "Large Package Charge with Peak Surcharge." I remeasured the bag and found that the measurements Fedex took were incorrect. Still, Lugless passes on the fees to me and points back at Fedex if you'd like to make a claim, which of course Fedex denied.

I find it unacceptable that Fedex and Lugless can collude to charge these extraordinary fees without advising the customer before hand, and then point back at the other and say their hands are tied. Can you IMAGINE paying almost $300 dollars to ship a bag across the country when I can pay $30 for the airline to do it?

What kind of a business model is that? Not one that will work for very long I'm sure

User's recommendation: Can not advise more strongly to stay away from Lugless with any bags that run the slightest risk of being oversized or overweight.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

LugLess Reviews